Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Disclaimer for Mailing Packages

I ran out of time yesterday at the internet cafe so didn't get to stress the fact that it is VERY expensive to send me packages. Thanks to my wonderfully supportive and loving boyfriend Ed for reminding me to add this disclaimer. I received some emails and messages asking me what I'd like to get in a package so that's why I posted ideas of what to send yesterday. But I also want y'all to be economical and practical so really letters are awesome and you can even fit in small items as well. But if you must send a package make sure you fill it all the way up! And maybe combine items from another person to split the shipping costs. Here's some info from my sister Mel on what she found out from the post office while sending me a package a couple of weeks ago:

You can use the Flat Rate Shipping Boxes they have at the post office (the boxes are free).
For the Small one it is $13.95. It is pretty small.
For the Medium one it is $45.50. This is a decent sized box and they actually have 2 different configurations of these to choose from. Maximum weight is 20 lbs
For the Large one it is $58.50.

The advantage of the Flat Rate Shipping Boxes is that if you can fit it in there then they will ship it regardless of what it weighs so if something is heavy then this is the best way to go. Be prepared that you will have to fill out a customs form when you ship a box but you can pick them up and the boxes up ahead of time to save time.

Feel free to let me know if you find a better way to send me stuff. I will periodically update my blog with revised/new lists of what to send because I am sure it will change throughout my time here but feel to email me if you have questions too. I received a small bubble mailer from my sister La with dried blueberries in it and I cannot wait to be able to bake some yummy muffins or pancakes with it!

1 comment: