Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Neem Cream!


I showed this video to the girl Edith who always comes to my house and yesterday (it was Republic Day so no school) we made it together. Since it's mosquito repellent, I want to spread the word in my community about it's use to help prevent malaria. As the health madam, I can share the instructions with my students. I also want to go talk to the nurses and see if we can do a demo or show the video at the next baby weighing so mothers can learn about it and use it for their children. I have a giant neem tree in front of my house so it was easy to collect the leaves plus soap and the shea butter are also readily available. I'll post photos soon of our effort yesterday!

1 comment:

  1. I had it in my head that you made something like vanilla pudding. This is less delicious, but more useful.

    ReplyDelete