Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Laziness| Goals

I fully intended to catch up on blogging this week with posts about the school gardens training I attended, Thanksgiving, our somehow computer lab, and other items but honestly I am lazy these days. I’m not sure what has happened to me after coming back to the village after Thanksgiving but I lack motivation. I’m ok as far as school goes with wrapping up the term during exam time but for everything else as I said before I’m lazy. I don’t know if it’s because the time after Thanksgiving at home is so full of preparations that I’m missing that there. Or because of the mini-hot season that’s happened before harmattan (the winds from the Sahara that bring dust and colder temps) along with it the disgusting burning of the bush. Or after eighteen months here I’m given to bouts of apathy. So even though I should push myself harder I’m going to let it slide this time and vow to write more soon. I do want to share part of a poem that is in the P6 English book that keeps coming to mind (I read it to my friend Titus for him to turn to Braille) and then a small writing our boys senior prefect Michael wrote for his goals exercise.

Laziness, laziness, laziness
Laziness is a bad disease
It is horrible, terrible 
Laziness is a destroyer of persons
 Let laziness creep into your life
And you’ll be hungry
And you’ll want
And you’ll be unhappy

We’ve almost finished with the solar light project with just a few students remaining to pay and pick theirs up. I’ve already had many requests for additional lights so need to figure out how to make that happen. Enjoy Michael’s photo with his light and reading about his goals:

My Short and Long Term Goals- Akangye Michael

I am very glad to write to you about my goals in life. To commence, I would like to bring to your notice my short term goal. It is to pass my basic education certificate examination at a good grade so that I get a good placement. If God permits, I should get a senior high school and continue my studies.

Again I want to tell you about my long term goal which is the most important thing that can beautify my future. This goal is that after I finish my university education, I want to become a medical doctor as my occupation in the future. Some few years later, I would like to get married to an American couple and live as a couple. I strongly believe that the Almighty God will also help me so that all these dreams should come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment