Friday, October 14, 2011

Mi Biisa

I love all the kiddos in my village who come hang out on my front porch and entertain me. Sometimes they're waiting for me when I arrive home from school to which I usually exclaim 'Mi biisa!' which means my children (I think) in Buli. I also blow bubbles, snap photos of them (which they get a huge kick out of), and play games. I uploaded a new album to facebook today most of which are the photos of the kids.

Two neighbor boys Kofi and Awombisi come around often and when we have nothing else to do Awombisi and I like to whistle together. He's my whistling buddy. Check it out:


As you've seen from the old post of my host nephew dancing, kids are amazingly good dancers here. I recorded a quick video of two sisters Edna and Ama dancing and singing. They pass my house on a daily basis on their way to the borehole and occasionally stop by to hang out for a while:

No comments:

Post a Comment