Thursday, December 8, 2011

Six Months

Today marks the six month anniversary of my arrival in Ghana. I cannot believe it. Also I have now lived in my village for as long as I stayed with my home stay family in the Eastern region. It's bittersweet though because right around Christmas I will reach the mark of the longest I've ever been away from home. When I did study abroad in Thailand, I was gone for six and a half months. I'm sure a rather intense bout of homesickness is in my near future.

As promised, check out the photo of the Religious & Moral Education teacher Madam Diana, her son Nathan, and me sporting our red ribbons. I taught my last lesson for the term today and it was a health lesson on HIV/AIDS with my form 2 students. They could answer many of my questions because it's not an unheard of topic for them but they had so many questions too that it reminds that their is plenty of education still to be done. I will revisit it with them next term when we discuss the internet and computer viruses. The exam schedule for next week has been set and the students will 'write' my ICT exam on Tuesday afternoon. I'm happy about this fact since this means I have plenty of time to mark the papers and then I will be free (as is said here quite often) sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment