Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Surprises

Last week I was taken by surprise twice. First I’d heard rumors that there would be a nationwide mock BECE before my form 3 students write their exams which start Monday. The BECE is the big exam my students will start taking next week which determines whether they continue their education in high school. I was skeptical that at what seemed like the last minute more practice like this would happen. But the papers were brought starting Tuesday and our students indeed received more practice.

Then my headmaster told me the local MP (Member of Parliament) was going to buy us computers. Maybe he was trying to tell me he'd already bought them because the next day they brought 5 computers to my house. Again I wasn't holding my breath for when the computers would come but maybe the headmaster was trying to tell me he'd already bought us computers. Either way it is an election year here just like in the States which means politicians seem to do more to get votes.

It's an exciting prospect to actually be able to have computers for my students to learn ICT with but it's also a little cart before the horse. My school doesn't have electricity nor does it have a place to act as a computer lab. So we'll have to wait and see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment